Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 25th

Ahh, what an angel.  The sweet, attentive, upturned face of my gentle soul.

Or, as it turned out, the face of insanity before it turns.  The calm before the storm, as it were.  And that would be the storm that is Ted on manic, high-octane, aggressive overdrive.  Yes, we held a bbq yesterday (no, it was definitely NOT in any way anything to do with 'Australia Day', it was to have the children play together before they returned to school on Tuesday).  And there were precisely three thousand and seventy three incidents that we had to intervene on as a result of ManicTed.  These incidents included him pushing, punching, hosing others and bashing, hitting, hurting himself as well as so many incidents of prevention that this instinct can no longer be numbered by the conscious mind.

Luckily I write this blog so everyone understood.  Thank you so much my beautiful friends.  Thank you for being so interesting, sweet, thoughtful, intelligent, diverse, and generous.  Thank you for understanding.  Thank you for commiserating.  Thank you for empathy, sympathy and alcohol.

I was sought out by many, whether it was in the kitchen, in the dining room or kneeling down next to a howling Ted (when I write in the future that Ted has a yellcry, you know just what I mean!), I managed somehow to have engaging conversation with many (but not all) and felt connected to everyone.


At the very end, when Ted was dealing with the anguish of that very last sparkler being finished, I was able to breathe a sigh of relief.  Now no-one believes I am exaggerating. 

No comments: