Friday, July 05, 2013

Wonderful Winter


Well all of that rain was worth it, if the result is this lingering, glorious sunshine.  This week we have been lounging around, with lazy catch ups, picnics and bike rides.  But more about that sometime soon.  Meanwhile, this morning as I was packing lunch for the day's adventure I was moved by the beauty of these three eggs cooling in a bowl.

I love that I am able to take a photo of these.  I remember when I was in high school and the thing I wanted more than anything else in the world was a camera.  It was so unattainable, so expensive, that it was never really anything more than a pipe dream.  When I landed my first job out of school one of the first things I bought was a tiny little blue point and shoot camera.  It cost $80.  I loved that camera with all of my heart.

And now I live in a society where incredible, unthinkable technology is available everywhere and for everyone.  And so here you have it - my eggs from this morning courtesy of Western privilege. 

No comments: