Thursday, November 10, 2011

Here Comes the Sun


 So a couple of hot days in a row and it's time to crack open the sprinkler.  Woot!  To be honest, I think I cracked it out more for me than the children.  I know my dad reads this blog and I don't think he'll mind me saying that neither him nor my mother have ever been particularly into gardening.  And that, my friends, is the understatement of the year.  I can't remember us having a sprinkler to run under and to this day I LOVE it.


As soon as I suggested bringing it out I had that sinking sensation when I realised I had no idea where it was.  And as anyone knows, you never offer something to a child until you either know without a doubt where it is, that you definitely have some available or you have it hidden behind your back.  But after a minute's scurrying in our (teeny tiny) shed I found it.  Huzzah!

On it went and off went Harriet, zipping in and out of the water.  She had an awesome time and after a little while asked me why I wasn't coming in too.  Well - down went the camera and out I ran!  Within two run throughs I was soaked to the skin and laughing fit to burst.  There's just something about water, isn't there?

Ted was a little more hesitant about the water.  Considering this was the child who launched himself straight into crashing waves on the weekend at the beach, who kamikazes off the lounge and generally engages in death-defying tricks at any given moment, it was quite surprising.  Instead, he enjoyed running to and from from the tap and making the sprinkler get very high and very low (much to Harriet's consternation).  But eventually we held hands, and ran through together (admittedly it was me in the middle and him on the periphery).  But here he is - wet!  Yay!

No comments: