Tuesday, October 09, 2007

New Favourite Song

Well, Harriet has a new favourite song - and it takes a little explanation. As mentioned before, she has lately been getting into learning words and letters at Starfall. One of the animations has a little boy saying "I am a boy!" said staccato fashion. Well, Harriet became somewhat obsessed with this particular animation and started running around saying "I am a boy!" all the time. We were in the car with the iPod on (Play School, as you do) and she started saying it over and over. Not missing an opportunity to hopefully play some real music, I said "I know a song about 'I am boy' - I have it on my iPod". This elicited much excitement and exhortations to "play 'I am a boy' song". So, I put on "For Today I am a Buoy" by Antony & The Johnsons. She loved it, and now makes us play it every time we get in the car. I'm very excited that she loves a non-kiddy song, and in my opinion it's a particularly interesting song for a two year old girl to be into... (if you don't know it you can hear a sample here). The biggest problem is that now she wants me to sing it, and it's not that easy to sing (actually, impossible if you're as bad a singer as me)

No comments: