Sunday, January 22, 2006

What Breakfast Has Become

Ok, so this is how we start out at breakfast.

Step 1.) Preparation for breakfast: A bowl of cereal with yoghurt (I don't like milk - let's just leave it at that, ok?). A cup of coffee. Space in front of me to consume. Harriet on lap for love and kisses.


Step 2.) Bring spoonful of cereal to mouth. Try to avoid arm from being lunged at by small child. Attempt to place lips to spoon in order to provide nutrients to body.
Step 3.) In the process of avoiding lunging arm from baby, manage to avoid my mouth altogether. As the spoon misses my mouth, it goes somewhere in the zone of Harriet's flying arms. The spoon nearly goes flying, however its contents are not so stationary. Smellie enters the picture lower right corner.

Step 4.) Now have lessened public area in which to try and extend arm for breakfast to get to mouth now that Smellie is trying to eat the missed contents from the spoon. Harriet is now focused intently on the spoon coming towards my mouth. Repeat Steps 1 - 4. Physically remove baby from vicinity if coffee (decaffeinated, unfortunately) is ever to make it to my mouth without major burns to anyone involved.

Result: Go to work hungry. :o)

And look at how beautiful she is when she's not trying to grab everything within sight. She looks particularly gorgeous in white.


And as promised, I finally managed to get a photo of the number '2' on her left eyelid. I told you it was there! I just forgot to photograph it for a while and then today I was watching her sleep (*ahem* uhmm, I was, err...worried about her breathing...and...oh shut up) and finally remembered to take a photo of it while she slept.

In other news, she has been a very squealy baby this week, requiring constant attention and playing with someone. There is no option anymore of letting her play peacefully with a toy anymore. And we bought her a highchair from Ikea on Monday which is heaps of fun, because she can finally sit up at the table with us. She can also really sit up now, requiring no hands-on attention from us. But still no interest in tummy time. At this rate she'll be able to walk and never have rolled more than a handful of times! Ah well, it's all part of the fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I must've missed the story in regard to the number 2 on her eyelid. How did it get there?

casso said...

She was born with it! It's so cool, it's just a little capillary network...but shaped like a 2! I'm very proud of it.

Anonymous said...

Love the breakfast photos. I recommend using the high chair if you actually want to eat something. :)

Nell has a little mark in the middle of her forehead. Hmmm, I wonder if I could claim that it's lightening-strike shaped? :)

And don't stress about the rolling or tummy time. Some babies just don't get it.

casso said...

Not stressed at all about rolling or tummy time - she's more than making up for it in other areas. I just feel ripped off cos they looks so funny and cute when they roll and I wanted to get a couple of good rolling shots of her.

We could use the highchair, but we a.) didn't have it when we took those photos and b.) find the whole thing pretty entertaining!! I don't think we've watched any tv since she's been so much fun.